Saturday, January 26, 2008

41 reasons I’m glad he’s mine


  1. I have a weakness for big brown eyes.
  2. He makes me laugh.
  3. He laughs at my jokes.
  4. The values we share.
  5. He calls me on my ‘meshuggahs’ (a lovely Yiddish word that means something like ‘crazy stuff’).
  6. He has taught me a whole bunch of nifty Yiddish words.
  7. His family.
  8. He’s the smartest person I know.
  9. He loves me.
  10. He can show affection (to his family, his friends and to me).
  11. The cute face he makes when he’s feeling a little sheepish (and the same face I see reflected on my oldest son).
  12. His unwavering support, throughout the worst and the best of my life as a cancer patient.
  13. He’s an amazing father.
  14. He still manages to surprise me, even after almost seventeen years together.
  15. He chooses good friends.
  16. He has kept his hair longer, even though it bugs him because I think it’s hot.
  17. He is a sexy beast (and will be mortified that I wrote this).
  18. He is beautiful. Inside and out.
  19. He has shown me that being angry with me and loving me are not mutually exclusive.
  20. We have fun together.
  21. He knows me better than anyone (and loves me anyway).
  22. He is a really good cook.
  23. He tells me that I’m beautiful.
  24. He thinks the most casual of clothes are the sexiest.
  25. He puts up with the fact that I do not drive.
  26. He is incredibly supportive of my writing.
  27. He understands that ‘taking care of myself’ can mean yet another ball of wool or a pedicure, even if he doesn’t totally get it.
  28. The way we can communicate with a glance and a raised eyebrow.
  29. The way he can wax eloquent about hot sauce.
  30. I feel like I’m still getting to know him.
  31. His calves.
  32. He is very kind.
  33. He can apologize when he’s wrong.
  34. He reads.
  35. He lets me talk to him about knitting (and I talk about knitting a lot).
  36. He doesn’t knit but he can talk knowledgeably about getting gauge and blocking.
  37. He has his own interests and his own friends.
  38. He encourages my separate interests and friendships.
  39. I can recognize his walk from a distance (and my boys walk the same way).
  40. He makes writing this list incredibly easy. I’m confident that I could go on for 100 more birthdays.
  41. I love him more than I can say.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very sweet!! Makes my heart melt :)

Anonymous said...

Awww...relationships like yours are rare...he sounds fantastic, indeed. You are lucky to have found each other~

Anonymous said...

THAT is the sweetest list!
You have inspired me to do one on my hubby's next bday.
:)

Anonymous said...

This list is so sweet and funny! This is great. I hope he likes it.

Anonymous said...

very sweet tribute!
Yes, he's got nice hair :-D

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Great list. Am wondering how one waxes eloquent about hot sauce..??

Mom2Amara said...

Happy birthday Laurie's husband! :)

jacqueline said...

wow wow and a wowie mcwow WOW!!! this list is impressive. nice to know that a super-hero is married to a super guy.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

I LOVED this! Happy Happy to your Boo! That's hip urban speak for your Man.

joy said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Aww. Very, very sweet.