Monday, January 13, 2014

in others words

I have pre-empted my scheduled blog post because the internet kind of exploded last night and it spilled over into today. The whole thing made me so emotional as to be almost inarticulate with rage. Luckily, there have been several good pieces published today that make my words unnecessary.

Sorry for being so cryptic. Just click through. You'll understand.

"On Live-Tweeting One's Suffering" (Megan Barber in The Atlantic)

"Bill and Emma Keller’s bizarre pieces about cancer patient Lisa Adams" (Daniel D'Addario, Salon)
"I have cancer. And I'll write about it as much as I fucking want." (Bob LeDrew, Medium)

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing these articles. I am glad others (along with the blogosphere) are speaking out.

Lene Andersen said...

I have opinions, but am currently too enraged to express them.

laurie said...

That's exactly why I needed to express others' words.

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

The whole thing made me so emotional as to be almost inarticulate with rage. Luckily, there have been several good pieces published today that make my words unnecessary. generic cancer drugs