Thursday, March 05, 2009

small changes, small successes.


I had just experienced the first concrete encouraging sign in my journey of
small changes.

I tend to spend the couple of days after chemo in pajamas. After spending all day pulling up my pjs, (the drawstring seems to have gone missing) it occurred to me that they might be getting too big. I pulled out a pair of pajamas that my parents had given me for Christmas that had been too tight to fit comfortably. I pulled them up easily and I'm wearing them now.

The thing is, this encouraged me to do something else that was healthy. As a pre-dinner snack, I had been considering toast or a granola bar. Instead, I had an orange.

I am inordinately pleased with these developments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good idea. vitamin c may just give you a little energy too!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Woo-hoo!

Go baby!