Friday, March 23, 2012

re-emerging

I don't know whether it's the unseasonably warm and sunny weather (It's about time I noticed that I get depressed every winter and recover every spring), a recent change of scenery or just the passage of time but I feel myself re-engaging with the world.

Shortly after writing my last post, I decided to "give up" on forcing myself to write. I was spending tons of time staring at the blank screen or coming up with creative ways to avoid writing - and feeling pretty miserable about it. What I was doing wasn't working and I had to make a change. So I decided to walk away.

But lately my heart beats a little faster when I think about putting pen to paper and fingers to keyboard. The creative synapses are buzzing and I have lots of ideas for new projects and a whole new approach to how I go about doing them.

It feels good.

6 comments:

Renn @ The Big C and Me said...

I so relate! In Nov, Dec, Jan I had all I could do to find things to write about. I dreaded sitting at the keyboard. Complete writers block. Then something got under my feet in March, and now I can't stop writing!

When we can't find our muse, we must wait for our muse to find us. It always returns!

Happy spring.

laurie said...

Thanks and happy spring to you, too!

The Maven said...

I'm there with you, too! I got so overwhelmed and blocked for a while, and stressing over not writing just made it harder to write. Walking away is needed at times. I hope the weather rejuvenates us all and awakens our creativity!

Ann said...

Welcome back! Spring is good for me too and have just had my 2nd year all clear. Hope you enjoyed the Norway blog Ax

Bibliomama said...

I've been on antidepressants for years and I just had a thunder-clap epiphany that went something like 'yeah, but I'm still depressed all winter and then I recover in the spring. Even on these pills that make me fatter and torpedo our sex life. Hmmmmmm".

Lene said...

yay! Looking forward to our next Writing Group meeting!

ps ever thought of light therapy?