Wednesday, February 17, 2010

olympic figure skating ate my brain


I've a post I want to write about the unreliability of eye-witnesses, inspired by this article in the Globe and Mail and something that happened a couple of weeks ago.

I am, however, just too tired.

I've watched four nights in a row of Olympic figure skating and I am bleary-eyed. I love the drama, the spectacle, the artistry and the strength of the skaters along with the feeling that anything could happen at any moment. I also love the personalities and the costumes. It's too much fun.

I have, however, found myself thinking more than once that I would be able to take it all much more seriously if I hadn't seen Blades of Glory.

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

I've never really gotten into the Olympics. But now that Amara ice skates, we've been watching the Games more and more. So like you, I stay up late and watch. Then wake up way to early and now I'm barely functioning. Having a hard time concentrating!

And I've never seen that movie...

joinourloop said...

I love watching skating on tv, but try to see a competition live. It's amazing!