Friday, January 22, 2010

a perfect evening


The kind when conversation flows easily along with the wine, all accompanied byexcellent food. Where all the kids get along and the adults are left to talk about books, movies and travel. The kind of evening when three and half hours goes by like five minutes and the time to go comes in what feels like the blink of an eye.

And you have your boots on at the door by 9:06pm.

I remember when Friday nights out didn't get going until after 11:00 and a 1:00am curfew seemed completely unfair. When we danced until the music stopped and got up to the kinds of things that make me dread my own children's adolescence.

It's one of Mother Nature's little ironies that by the time we are mature enough to behave responsibly our definition of a late night (and of a perfect one) has been irrevocably changed.

1 comment:

Mom2Amara said...

I remember dancing the night away and yes, I think now, wow, how things have changed.

Sounds like you spent a perfect evening with someone lately. What a blessing. I hope you have many evenings like that in the near future!