Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Groundhog Day

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day. Thursday. The day of my surgery.

I'm a little freaked out.

But, I suppose, I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

I have been completely overwhelmed by the love and support people have shown to me since my diagnosis. It has helped more than I have been able to express. If it weren't for my family and my friends (and the compassion of a few complete strangers) I would not be able to face what lies ahead.

I really wish I didn't have cancer (and I still can't quite believe that I do) but it has served to remind me how fortunate I am.

When I've recovered enough to type again, I'll write a little more about what I've been feeling and some big thoughts I've been thinking.

Right now, I need to have one last glass of wine and go turn my room into a proper nest.

No comments: