Thursday, November 27, 2008

being kids together


I want to thank everyone who took the time to leave advice or thoughts on my post about tantrums.


As a direct result of your comments, I kept five year old D. home this morning, just to hang out and have fun together.

We played Dog-Opoly (like Monopoly, except that instead of buying property, you buy dogs. It's a laugh a minute) for almost two hours. We danced to the soundtrack from the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie (D. insisted that we take turns dancing while the other watched. He's a real little showboat). We went out to lunch at Subway.

As we were eating our sandwiches, I said, "I'm feeling happy."

"Me too!" he said.

He ran happily into the school when I dropped him off. Our morning went by in a heartbeat. I realized how quickly he's growing up. He can read and add up two numbers on dice (his future as a gambler looks bright. He even blows on the dice before rolling them). And, as a dancer, he really does have some great moves.

We had fun. And we cuddled. It was good.

4 comments:

saraarts said...

I know nothing about children, so I couldn't possibly advise you, but I wanted you to know that this post gave me joy. :)

Dee said...

I'm glad that you and your son had a good day together - so it seems his regular day is too long for him . . . and so cool that you could be kids! I think it's good for all of us to be "childlike", right?

Princess Tinybutt said...

i'm wit saraarts!

Sarah Hall said...

It's great to have children, but in order to bring them up well, we should be very enduring and patient! Our research paper editing service - edit-ing.services can help you with advises in this situation!