Thursday, November 27, 2008

being kids together


I want to thank everyone who took the time to leave advice or thoughts on my post about tantrums.


As a direct result of your comments, I kept five year old D. home this morning, just to hang out and have fun together.

We played Dog-Opoly (like Monopoly, except that instead of buying property, you buy dogs. It's a laugh a minute) for almost two hours. We danced to the soundtrack from the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie (D. insisted that we take turns dancing while the other watched. He's a real little showboat). We went out to lunch at Subway.

As we were eating our sandwiches, I said, "I'm feeling happy."

"Me too!" he said.

He ran happily into the school when I dropped him off. Our morning went by in a heartbeat. I realized how quickly he's growing up. He can read and add up two numbers on dice (his future as a gambler looks bright. He even blows on the dice before rolling them). And, as a dancer, he really does have some great moves.

We had fun. And we cuddled. It was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about children, so I couldn't possibly advise you, but I wanted you to know that this post gave me joy. :)

Dee said...

I'm glad that you and your son had a good day together - so it seems his regular day is too long for him . . . and so cool that you could be kids! I think it's good for all of us to be "childlike", right?

angela said...

i'm wit saraarts!