Wednesday, February 21, 2007

business ventures

As the dog and I walked him to school the other day, my eight year old son and I had the following conversation:

S.: "I have an idea for an internet venture for dogs. I'd call it ismell. The web site would describe a whole list of smells and you could chose the one you think your dog would like best and order a patch with that smell."


me: "That's a great idea! But the smells would have to be pretty disgusting."

S.: "The more disgusting, the more expensive."

me: "Old socks, rotting meat..."

S.: "Exactly. We could have a page listing all the newest smells and the home page would have a list of the top selling smells."

me: "That reminds me, Papa tells me that you were making a vending machine when you were supposed to be in bed last night."

S.: "Yeah. And it works, too. Except no one wants to buy my product."

me: "Why not?"

S.: "Because it costs a dollar and the product is a penny."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same child you paid to stop arguing about the Scooby-Doo movie?

laurie said...

this is the child who offered the money to his little brother.

Anonymous said...

Ah-ha! Claro!