Monday, November 08, 2010

contested irrelevance

I'm going to be quoting this brilliant speech given by my friend Andrea today (I'm doing a talk at Carleton University) and I realized that I have never shared it with you here, even though I found it to be deeply inspiring.

Please watch, and go and leave a comment over at We Can Rebuild Her so that Andrea can know the relevance and resonance of her words. It's a welcome reminder that nothing we do to effect positive change in this world is ever irrelevant.



This talk got a standing ovation at PAB 2010. I've watched it several times and it still gives me shivers.

3 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I love this speech so much. I wrote about it awhile ago when I first heard it. Good luck at your talk at Carlton!

Anonymous said...

Yo Laurie,

I was also moved by these remarks, from Andrea. So many of us believe in the adage "live in the moment" and it takes such a horrendous effort, when life bops along, to do so. Only a major de-railing can focus us, maybe for a short time; hopefully for a long one. Thanks for offering this video. And yes, good luck on your talk ...although you're a terrific speaker and charmingly attractive to boot; you can't lose, Kid.

The B in T

Lene Andersen said...

thanks for posting that. Just what I needed to hear.