It took exactly ten minutes to go from feeling terrific to feeling like crap.
Five good things about the last couple of days:
- Yesterday, I did a purge of the junk in my linen closet and bathroom cabinets (and boy, was that overdue) (like, years overdue).
- Afterwards, I went for a fast walk, the kind that really gets my heart rate up. It was a gorgeous day, in my favourite place. It was also fun watching my dog almost crash into trees as he tried to catch some pretty dopey squirrels.
- We had an impromptu family dinner last night. My boys and my sweetie, his brother and my sister-in-law, my nieces and my mom-in-law. The best part of the meal was the tomatoes from our garden. And the lovely wine our guests had brought.
- I had lunch today with one of my very best friends today, the kind of friend you want to talk to about everything. We ate at one of my favourite pre-chemo haunts, a vegetarian thai place (Sacred Garden, on Bank Street, if you live in Ottawa or ever come here), with a lovely, relaxing atmosphere.
- As I type this in bed, my cat is curled up against my feet (sometimes, he can fool you into thinking he's a nice kind of kitty) and my dog is on his bed, snoring away. I love dog snores.
I'm in a much better mood, now.
Oh and I should add that my white blood counts, and my neuts (the cells that fight infection) in particular are higher than they have been in a long time.
So, I'll spend the next couple of days in bed. And then, with renewed energy and no treatment until September 18th...
...I'm already working on my to-do list.