Wednesday, April 01, 2009

the shape i'm in


Chemo has left me uninspired.

Here is a link to a story ("Cancer labs no closer to national standards: Despite fresh doubts about tests in B.C. and damning report on Newfoundland scandal, efforts to set quality benchmarks are stalled.") from today's Globe and Mail that made me grumpy.

The quality and accuracy of cancer testing can be so uneven and no province has been exempt from error. The feds don't feel they need to take any responsibility for resolving the problem:

Federal Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq declined to be interviewed for this story, but her press secretary said in an e-mail the federal government will not become involved because "the regulation of pathologists and laboratories is a provincial and territorial responsibility."

If I weren't already feeling queasy, I would be now.


3 comments:

nonlineargirl said...

Sorry to hear you are uninspired and queasy. Hope both states change soon.

angela said...

that sucks. hope u feel better

Mom2Amara said...

Amara was on my lap as I was checking your blog and she said, "ewww, monster!" Yup, cancer's a monster.

Hope you're feeling better!