Friday, February 15, 2008

to warmer climes

I took this picture of the front of my house yesterday morning. We have had another dump of snow since.

The shot below, of my 55lb dog sitting on my front walk, gives you an idea of the height of the snowbanks.

It's -21 Celsius (-6 Fahrenheit) today with the windchill. In other words, it's bloody cold.

I am off to Florida with my four year old tomorrow. We need to leave for the airport at 4:30am.

We are flying via Cleveland and it will take us forever to get there.

I don't care. It's going up to 24 Celsius (75 Fahrenheit) in Sarasota tomorrow. By this time tomorrow, I will hopefully have dipped my toes in the ocean.

And the only white powdery stuff around will be the sand on the beach.

I'll be back online on February 25th.

I also have a short post up at Mommybloggers.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Florida in February is a great place to be.
Enjoy!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Girl, enjoy your badd ass!
Sit in the sun and drink tropical tequila based drinks and think of nothing but how to avoid tan lines!
Ahhhh I was I was with you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's alot of snow!! Enjoy your trip :)

Mom2Amara said...

Girl, I would have met you at the airport for your layover! You should have said something sooner!

Enjoy the sun!

jacqueline said...

oh! do have a mahvalous time sweets!!!- the two of you!

joy said...

Happy Florida! I'm glad you'll be warm.

Kris, Skint in Europe said...

Hi,

I just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to firstly wish you a great trip.
Secondly, I wanted to let you know about a challenge I´m currently in the middle of in order to raise as much money as possible for the charity, Cancer Research.
My challenge is to get to every capital city in the European Union without a single penny in my pocket.
I´m 110 days into the challenge, and have knocked out 15 capitals already.
My adventures are documented on my blog, www.euro-challenge.blogspot.com and I´d appreciate if you´d all have a look at my blog and if you like it, recommend it also to friends. Obiously the more attention I get, the better, because I want to reach as many potential sponsors as possible.

Take care, and I´ll be following your blog from now on.

Kris

Anonymous said...

wow! that is ALOT of snow.

Hope you enjoy florida

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the great news! Wishing you all the best.B

Anonymous said...

Ah, Florida in February is a great place to be.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I was I was with you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I was I was with you!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I was I was with you!