Sunday, July 29, 2007

grateful (a post before I leave for the Chicago airport)


I owe you lots of updates (and I have pics!) but I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to all of you who made this trip possible.

My dear friends and family,

I had a wonderful time at the BlogHer conference, made all the more special by the fact that this trip was given to me by people who love me. I don't actually have the words to convey how meaningful your gift has been (not to mention the fact that I would not have been able to pay for it!).


And I should tell you all that I told the story many times over the last few days of how my friends gave me the trip to BlogHer as a 40th birthday present. They were always touched (some even got shivers and tears in their eyes).
My 10 second post was even part of a slide show at the beginning of the conference.

I have a friend who often speaks about being a lucky person. I am so lucky to be here. I am lucky to know each of you. I am just really freakin' lucky.

much love,
L.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you went...and that you had a great time! You have some really great friends. What a perfect 40th birthday present.

I wish we could've gone - we would've loved to have met you and your husband. Hopefully, we'll be able to get to Canada this fall or winter. We'll either be in Belleville or Stittsville...or in Toronto trying to see a Leafs game. Or, in Ottawa trying to see a Leafs game. :) Regardless, we'll be the ones complaining about the weather, no matter how mild it might be.

laurie said...

OK - Flippy. Stittsville is practically in Ottawa!! If you come - you have to tell me, OK?

Anonymous said...

love that picture!! what a good-looking family I have... So glad to read you had a great trip!

Anonymous said...

It was terrific to meet you and share dinner with you Friday night. And I got tagged with the $25 overweight baggage fee too :-)

Mom2Amara said...

I'm one of those women who started to feel the tears well up!

And to all of Laurie's friends, please know she paid it forward -- I was sans camera BlogHer's first day and desperate for a picture and Laurie came to my aid!