22. One day, when I was small, my aunt bought me a Buster Bar. Before I could eat it, it fell off the stick. She didn't buy me another one.
23 I had Dilly Bars instead of cake on my birthday this year. I ate two.
24. I also had a beer during the day on my birthday, something I consider very decadent. I usually only do this with my friends L. and K. (otherwise known as Sassymonkey).
25. The day after a social gathering, I spend a lot of time second guessing my behaviour,
even when especially when I had a good time.
26. I feel guilty about something several times a day. Only recently did I discover that this is not a universal experience. I'm curious what it's like not to feel guilty.
27. My life in treatment is a constant tension between search for structure and then rebellion against self-imposed structures.
28. I have voted NDP in every provincial and federal election since I was old enough to vote (although I have sometimes done so while holding my nose).
29. This was the first year since 2007 that I didn't go to BlogHer. I'm OK with missing it (I had three great years there. The first was an amazing birthday present, the second I was a speaker and last year, I got to bring my book) but I'm a bit sad, especially since I finally feel like I figured out how to really enjoy the experience. There are lots of folks I would have liked to see (Average Jane and Nonlinear Girl were on a panel together. Whymommy was on a panel about blogs as an agent for change) and there are so many folks with whom I would like to spend more time.
30. When I was a teenager, I had a huge crush on the Cassidy brothers. I especially loved Shaun.
31. I was a hideously self-absorbed and narcissistic thirteen year old. It's amazing that my mother let me live.