Friday, August 13, 2010
43 things (part four)
32. I can organize ideas, a campaign or a project but I can't organize my house or even a room to save my life.
33. If I become interested in something, it can easily turn into an obsession. At least for a little while.
34. I'm trying to ride my bike as much as possible. I think I'm becoming addicted (see above).
35. I'm always a little surprised to discover that someone likes me.
36. I didn't think Facebook birthday wishes were a big deal until it was my birthday. I loved getting messages from all over the world and from people from all parts of my life.
37. I have already passed my minimum goal of raising $150 for the Run for the Cure. I dream of wildly exceeding that.
38. Two of my favourite childhood memories are of a family cross-country ski trip and going sailing on my uncle's boat. I don't particularly want to do these things now but I felt happy doing them then.
39. I like the idea of creating fun memories for my kids. I wonder if they will hold close the memories of our trips to Florida and our week end at Blue Skies when they are adults.
40. When I was six years old, a man in a raincoat flashed me. I was passing through the parking lot of the Catholic Church, on my way to school.
41. When I'm depressed, I feel invisible.
42. I'm making good progress in my quest to lose 44lbs before I turn 44 (on August 4th, 2011). I lost three pounds in the first week. I know it's going to slow down from here on in but I'm feeling encouraged. And determined. And you're going to be reading a lot about it here and on Twitter/Facebook because I want to stay accountable.
43. I think it's really cool that I'm planning for a year from now.
44 (bonus thing). I really do think that the red Smarties taste best.