It apppears that I have been afflicted with writers' block and spring fever (it's been unseasonably warm and sunny here in Ottawa). And for a while there, I was recovering from chemo.
Those are the excuses I'm offering up for not writing very much lately.
I do have a bunch of posts percolating, or at least on my "to write" to do list but I thought I would kick off my return with another kind of list - an update for my 10 things for February and the new list for March.
Here's how I did last month (completed in blue, partially done in green and not even started in purple).
1. Sock monkey hat done. The pom pom has already fallen off. Once I sew it back on, I'll take photos.
2. Socks not finished.
3. I made jambalaya and sweet potato soup.
4. I read 6 books, including the Canada Reads ones. And one big doorstop of a book.
5. I averaged closer to 4 hours of cardio per week (short of my goal of 6) but I'm cutting myself some slack because of a cold, travel and bad weather. I think 6 hours was unrealistic and am aiming for 5 hours/week of cardio this month.
6. I think I have 40 pages of my novel left to read. Scary process. I'm fine while I'm reading it but then I'm scared to pick it up again. Have to get over that.
7. I wrote at least a little bit, at least 3 times per week.
8. My clothes remain unorganized. I did do a cull of old towels and sheets, though.
9. I went skating three times! And then the ice melted.
10. I sent the card, with the photo from last summer and the kids' school photos from this year.
So I'd call that 6 completed, 2 partially done and 2 not even started.
It felt pretty good to write that up actually. I did better than I thought I had.
Here's my list for March (I've also posted it over at BlogHer, where you can read what others have set out to do. This is such a fabulous idea, iniated by Denise Taunton, their Community Manager):
1. Finish re-reading the draft of my novel (carried over from February).
2. Organize my clothes and my closet (carried over from February).
3. Graft the toes on the socks I'm knitting for my sister (carried over from February).
4. Do an average of 5 hours of cardio exercise every week (Revised from February. I'm on track, especially since the weather has been so nice).
5. Make soup once.
6. Spend an average of 10 hours writing per week (I have some catching up to do).
7. Make and keep an appointment with a nutritionist to work out a plan to improve my diet, then follow it (My first appointment was yesterday and so far I only have to remember to take my supplements and consume enough potassium. I can do this. My next appointment is on March 22nd).
8. Get my bike back on the road (I rode yesterday and I plan on riding to an appointment today. I've also made an appointment for a tune-up).
9. Mend/wash/block my hand knit scarves. There are five of them. Three are mine and one is an unfinished present. None of them should take very long and it would give me a tremendous sense of accomplishment. Update: After stepping away from this and considering what I have on my plate, if I get two scarves done, I will be happy.
10. Buy a swimsuit that fits (ugh).
You can play, too! What are your goals for this month? Share them in the comments or over at BlogHer (but let me know if you do).