Friday, May 08, 2009

thank you

The book launch last night was lovely.


And at least one person had a very good time.

I am feeling more than a little overwhelmed. Thanks to all who came, helped get the word out and put up posters.

Thanks especially to the staff at the First Avenue Day Care and Octopus Books. I don't have words to what a fantastic, beautiful and loving job these women did.

The only hard thing was that I didn't get to spend as much time with every single person who came as I would have liked. I love you all.

9 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Take it all in! Bask in the adoration and well wishing!

YOU DESERVE EVERY GOOD THING RIGHT NOW!

Frederica said...

It was a fantastic event! Laurel commented after hearing you read that she thinks you are a terrific writer . I think she was very touched by your writing and also amused by the family anecdotes.

Anonymous said...

It was a great event. You chose nice excerpts, you read well, the food and drink were great, and the atmosphere was fun and festive. Congratulations to all of you! -- Margaret

Anonymous said...

I brought my aunt the copy you graciously signed last night. She called to tell me that she put it down only to call and tell me she hasn't put it down!

Thanks Laurie. I'll be at the next launch too.

Sincerely,
Sue O'Reilly

Nat said...

Sorry I couldn't make it. We were triple booked last night. Where can I pick up a copy?

nicole said...

I just got my copy in the mail Laurie and I can't put it down. You are an awesome writer! I'm glad the launch went well. You rock!

nicole said...

I just got my copy in the mail Laurie and I can't put it down. You are an awesome writer! I'm glad the launch went well. You rock!

nicole said...

I just got my copy in the mail Laurie and I can't put it down. You are an awesome writer! I'm glad the launch went well. You rock!

Mary (MPJ) said...

Belated congratulations on the launch! Yay!