Wednesday, May 13, 2009

cash would be nice


The last time I checked in for chemo, I accidentally handed the receptionist my Subway card, instead of my green hospital card.


She thought this was so funny, that she showed everyone in the room. I pretended to be angry, trying to grab the card back. It felt good to laugh in that, sometimes sad, place.

I told her though, that my subconscious had been at play. I gave her the Subway card because I feel that after so many rounds of chemo, I should get some sort of bonus prize.

2 comments:

The Maven said...

Agreed. If I were making the rules, I would make sure everyone going in left with fresh flowers. The few days afterward are rough from what I understand. Some pretty flowers to look at would be nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Heehee. Isn't that the truth.