I am grieving an old and dear friend today.
By L. (age 38) and S. (age 8):
We miss Emma because:
1. She loved kids and always protected them, even when they didn't need protecting.
2. She was so affectionate with us.
3. She thought her name was "Beautiful Dog."
4. She enjoyed a good tummy rub.
5. She was the most stubborn dog we've ever met. From the time she was a round little puppy carrying tree branches, she did things her way.
6. She lived until she was almost fourteen and still loved us.
7. She once ate a dozen chinese buns and was so full she could barely stand up.
8. There will never be another dog to replace Emma.