Thursday, November 30, 2006

thanks for all the fish

I was waiting for a technician to give me an injection prior to a bone scan today, when I noticed a sign:

"To all females: Please advise staff if you are pregnant or nursing."

It made me wonder. Why not say 'to all women'? Are they likely to be testing females of a range of species?

The French equivalent was addressed to all "women" (femmes, not femmelles).

Is there something indelicate or offensive about the word 'women'?

Beats me.

At any rate, the bone scan is behind me. I've been sleeping and having SERIOUSLY bizarre dreams today. I thought I'd get a dog essay (and it would have been a good one) in under the NaBloPoMo wire, but frankly I'm just too stoned from the chemo.

Well, I made it. I blogged every day this month. And what a month this turned out to be.

Thanks so much to Fussy for inventing and organizing NaBloPoMo. It really has been fun. And I've discovered some great bloggers.

I may take the a few days off but not too worry - I'll be back.

Time to go dream again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never 'met' you, but hope your scan is good.

Deb-a BC survivor-3 yrs.