Saturday, November 18, 2006

why nablopomo?


Why did I sign up for NaBloPoMo?
  1. Because it sounded like fun.
  2. I thought it would be a good way to get the creative juices flowing.
  3. Because I wanted to win one of the prizes.
Now that we're more than half way to the end of NaBloPoMo, why do I continue to participate?
  1. Because I said I would do it and so I am going to, dammit.
  2. Because I want to win one of the prizes.
I don't even care which prize anymore. I just want to win. And it's not bringing out the best in me. When Fussy, who came up with this whole torturous enterprise in the first place, announced that she had decided to relent and allow the participation of bloggers who had signed up after the deadline (midnight on November 1st) and who had blogged every day since, I did not praise her for her fairness.

I cursed her.

I'm not proud of myself, but it's the truth.

I want to win a prize.


That is all.

4 comments:

amanda said...

Ha. I'm having trouble keeping up at this point as well. At least we're getting a taste (somewhat) of what it's like to write on a deadline.

Take care,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

I hear you. I'm feeling that way too.

And I stupidly managed to sign up for NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo and NoBloShoeMo.

We need not mention the chronic illness I have which makes typing painful. I'm an idiot, but I want a prize, dammit!

banjeroo said...

I want to win Matt Hooker's painting. Did you see it? Fussy linked to it the othere day.

So I had to delete the comment you left because it was attached to an accidental double-posting... just wanted to let you know, no offense meant.

Re: dumbass mayors, email me and we can sort out if we live in the same city!

laurie said...

Banjeroo- No offense taken. And I would email re dumbass mayors but I can't for the life of me figure out how (having a slow brain day...). I'm in Ottawa, though (as I wrote in my piece on safe cities). I'm sure that are dumbass mayors in several Ontario cities.