Monday, November 04, 2013

"let's hear it for November!"

I get really (and somewhat irrationally) nervous at this time of year. 

I found the lump in my breast on December 2, 2005.

I was diagnosed with liver metastasis on November 24, 2006.

And last November, was all about trying to decide what to do with my brain tumour. I had surgery on November 27.

This is not my favourite time of year.

But Katherine O'Brien left a comment in yesterday's post and linked to this new video that she made. One very good reason to embrace November is that it's no longer Pinktober!




2 comments:

Green Monkey said...

Hi there... oh do I loath the pinkwashing. even before I was diagnosed I didn't like it. I remember attending a saints game in late october and they were handing out pink ribbons for everyone to wear and I refused. The volunteers looked at me like I had two heads. less than 2 months later, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. damn i hate pink. but just when I thought it was behind me I was diagnosed with advanced rectal cancer. damn i hate cancer.

laurie said...

You said it. I hate cancer too. And I don't see the good side of it, except for the meaningful connections I have made with others who "get it." I would have happily found a better way to make those connections, though. I don't know what else to say that I'm glad you've shared with me and that you'll be in my thoughts. And I love your avatar. Take care - and stay in touch.