Thursday, June 21, 2012

schoolyard currency

Last night, my 9 year old lost a baby tooth. This didn't strike me as such a big deal - he's been losing them (including all his front teeth) since he was 6. He, however, was thrilled. "I can't wait to tell my friends."


I didn't think his friends would be especially impressed  but I have never been a nine year old boy. This morning, he walked into the yard at school and straight over to two friends. Watching from a distance, I saw him say something and open his mouth. His friends peered in excitedly and one shouted "Ooh! Bloody!"


I turned to go home, leaving behind a very happy boy all shored up and ready to have a great day.

6 comments:

Lene said...

I love 9yo boys. ;)

Catherine said...

Love it :)

laurie said...

me too!

David said...

What a funny little story. I have a 6 year old, and losing a tooth is such an exciting moment - just like when I was a kid, although the price has gone up, apparently. Now it's a dollar, as opposed to a quarter in my day!

Your blog is wonderful too..glad I found it!

angela said...

too too cute. ahh, boys...

dodo@lip cancer said...

that's what we called boys :D
for that age to lose tooth is a trend to be a strong boy.
I think when they're teenagers, show some acnes will make people amazed :D