Thursday, December 10, 2009

writing your way through breast cancer


It's been two days since chemo, so I feel lousy and have the attention span of a gnat.


It works out well for me, therefore, that I have something I've been meaning to share with you all for a while now.

I really like the Philadelphia based organization Living Beyond Breast Cancer. I've been fortunate enough to attend two of their own conferences (one called "News You Can Use" and one specifically for women living with metastasis) and the Annual Conference For Young Women Affected By Breast Cancer, which they co-sponsor (last year's was in Dallas and I'm applying for a grant, in the hopes of being able to attend in Atlanta this year. It will be the 10 year anniversary of the conference).

A little while ago, LBBC contacted me to see if I would be willing to be interviewed for their Winter 2009/2010 newsletter about "writing your way through breast cancer." I didn't hesitate, as this is a subject about which I am passionate.

You can read the interview on their web site. I am also please to not that they have listed "Not Done Yet" under the heading "Creative Coping: 10 Publications To Motivate You."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie,

Sorry to read you're not 100%; hoping you rise quickly, like the Phoenix.

I read the blog that spoke of your blog along with others; very well done. The interview touched some excellent points and clearly wasn't slap-dash; a good group, eh?

B in T (once more)