Thursday, August 13, 2009

something else i've been up to



This blanket is called the "Curve of Pursuit" and was designed by Pat Ashforth and Steve Plummer of Woolly Thoughts:

"The design is based on the curves that are formed if four dogs set off to chase each other from the corners of a field. The path created by each dog is an equi-angular spiral."
Mine was made in the colours of one of my favourite dogs and was gifted to her humans.

I am very happy with how this turned out and proud of my persistence. It looked kind of funny in the beginning and I almost gave up. I'm so glad I didn't; even if it did mean I spent much of July with a wool blanket across my lap.

If you're on Ravelry, you can check out the details, here.


9 comments:

Average Jane said...

Wow, that is beautiful!

A.M. said...

I really really like that. Well done!

zoom said...

It's stunning! I admire your generosity in being able to give it away.

Unknown said...

I love this Laurie!!!

deb said...

It turned out SO well! Congrats!! and it's in one piece...how cool is that.

northerngurl said...

That is beautiful work. I'm working on a french press cozy, a fast project to do when we are camping.

Mom2Amara said...

I can completely see the dogs chasing each other -- the colors are beautiful. What talent you have!

Capital Mom said...

That is so lovely.

karlien said...

I didn't know knitting needles came in that length! (I am totally ignorant in the art of knitting...)