Wednesday, August 02, 2006

overwhelmed

Too much to think about. New experience, new information to absorb. I had been warned that the mind can go to a pretty scary place when the door closes on the radiation room and the buzzing starts.

It's too soon to feel the effects of the beam and each session only lasts for a few minutes. I find it hard, though, not to lie there and ponder what these rays could be doing to my body. And to consider my own mortality. It is after all, a bit of a mind-fuck that the treatment for cancer is in itself carcinogenic.

I'm fine, though, really. And the radiation therapists are really nice.

Twenty-three radiation sessions to go.

I think it's time to curl up with a bowl of ice cream and a good murder mystery while I listen to my dog snore on the couch beside me.

No comments: