Tuesday, July 18, 2006

what i did on my summer vacation (part 1)

I'm back.

We did manage to get away. And had a wonderful time.

On July 7th, we celebrated my mother-in-law's 65th birthday. The next day these people (her three sons, spouses and assorted children):



all piled into cars and took her on a surprise trip to Niagara Falls (this was taken in our hotel parking lot and it should be noted that D., my young son who dances naked in front of the mirror at every opportunity and loves to be photographed, refused to take part).

During our week end together, I was struck repeatedly by how much I genuinely like each of these people. What's more, their support and love during cancer treatment has made me realize to what extent they are not just my spouse's family but mine, too.

This is a gratuitous photo of my children at Centreville on the Toronto Islands. Doesn't S. look thrilled to be riding with his little brother? For some reason, this cracks me up.

In other news, I have learned that I will start radiation therapy on August 1st and finish on September 6th.

The end is in sight.

No comments: